The Workshop Curriculum
Learn at your own pace!
This is a 4-week (3 hrs per week) workshop that will cover the following:
Chapter #1 : The World of Project Delivery
Regardless of the line of business you are in, the skill to deliver projects in a predictable manner is priceless.
- Understanding project management phases & constraints
- Understanding Scrum and how it fits into project management in real life
- Scrum & Agile values
- Integrate the correct mindset and culture into your team to deliver
Chapter #2: Scrum Framework
You have read the textbook, but now you will learn how to apply that knowledge to a working team.
- Fully understand the Scrum Framework
- Key roles in Scrum
- Scrum artifacts
- What are Epics, User Stories, Tasks and Spikes?
- Definition of Ready & Done
- Effective User Story writing
- User Story estimation
To know what activities are needed for each Scrum Event and who is responsible
Differences between a Release and MVP (minimal viable product)
Burndown / Up Charts
Scrum Team Velocity
Chapter #3: Applied Effective Scrum
This is where the magic lies to generate a big impact. This is the Tips and Tricks developed by industry professionals.
- Learn how to apply Scrum in your workplace from day 1
- Stand out as an organized, knowledgeable and effective Scrum Master
- Learn to use templates to conduct Scrum Events
- Leverage Jira and Confluence to your advantage
- How to thrive in your first 2-week as a Scrum Master
- Creating Epics, User Stories, Releases
- Organizing Jira view for the Daily Scrum
- Create Project Dashboards
- Create Quick Filters
- Cloning User Stories
- Completing the Sprint
- Sprint Management View for the Scrum Master
- Sprint Review View
- Sprint Retrospective View
- Pulling Jira tickets into Confluence dynamically
- Online Collaboration Tools
- How to thrive in your new Scrum Master role
- Day to day walk through tasks on the job
- Mock simulation of ceremonies, events, situations that will occur
Chapter #4: Scrum Circle
Finally, there will be an opportunity for all to recap & discuss, as a group, various areas of the Workshop.
This will help to further cement the theory and application of Scrum & Agile in your everyday job role as a Scrum Master.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Allow each Workshop attendee to get to know the rest of the group and increase their network
- Review self-assessment scores and see the growth in knowledge
Understand where to go from here:
- Ways to reach out to the instructor for further coaching
- Note about ways to increase knowledge in Agile and Scrum by accessing various learning materials