The Workshop Curriculum
This is a 2-day 10hrs workshop that will cover the following:
Chapter #1 : The World of Project Delivery
Regardless of the line of business you are in, the skill to deliver projects or products in a predictable manner is priceless. All business value first starts off as an idea that becomes refined with more clarity to execute on.
- Understanding project management phases & constraints
- Understanding Scrum and how it fits into project management
- Scrum & Agile values
- Integrate the correct mindset and culture into your team to deliver
Chapter #2: Scrum Framework
You have read the textbook, but now you will learn how to apply that knowledge to a working team.
- Fully understand the Scrum Framework
- Key roles in Scrum
- Scrum artifacts
- What are Epics, User Stories, Tasks and Spikes?
- Definition of Ready & Done
- Effective User Story writing
- User Story estimation
To know what activities are needed for each Scrum Event and who is responsible
Differences between a Release and MVP (minimal viable product)
Burndown / Up Charts
Scrum Team Velocity
Chapter #3: Applied Effective Scrum
Now that you know the theory and setup the structure, how do you perform? This is where the magic lies to generate a big impact in an organized manner. Tips and tricks developed by industry professionals. The complete outline of how a Scrum Master adds value to the team
- Learn how to apply Scrum in your workplace
- Learn the tips and techniques I’ve acquired over the years
- Stand out as an organized, knowledgeable and effective Scrum Master
- Learn to use templates to conduct Scrum Events
- Leverage Jira and Confluence to your advantage
- How to thrive in your first 2-weeks as a Scrum Master
- Creating Epics, User Stories, Releases
- Organizing Jira view for the Daily Scrum
- Create Project Dashboards
- Create Quick Filters
- Cloning User Stories
- Completing the Sprint
- Sprint Management View for the Scrum Master
- Sprint Review View
- Sprint Retrospective View
- Pulling Jira tickets into Confluence dynamically
- Online Collaboration Tools
- How to thrive in your new Scrum Master role
- Day to day walk through tasks on the job
- Mock simulation of ceremonies, events, situations that will occur
Chapter #4: Scrum Circle
Finally, there will be an opportunity for all to recap & discuss, as a group, various areas of the Workshop.
This will help to further cement the theory and application of Scrum & Agile in your everyday job role as a Scrum Master.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Allow each Workshop attendee to get to know the rest of the group and increase their network
- Review self-assessment scores and see the growth in knowledge
Understand where to go from here:
- Ways to reach out to the instructor for further coaching
- Note about ways to increase knowledge in Agile and Scrum by accessing various learning materials
Registration for the upcoming cohort has already begun with limited capacity to ensure quality.
Sign up below for the investment to register and break into tech as a Scrum Master.
We look forward to seeing you with us!
To your success! ☕